- Name: André Gouws PhD
- Telephone: +44 1904 435327
Over the years I have been working at the centre, I have been closely involved in all element of the development and implementation of materials and technologies to facilitate scientific research at YNiC - i.e. supporting the needs of our users. I try to perform these duties by contributing to studies where appropriate and also by carrying out independent research projects.
More recently I have been appointed the role of Operations Manager and am now formally running the centre. This includes the role of CQC Registered Manager for our clinical diagnostic imaging service -- York Diagnostic Imaging.
* Click here -- A list of publications that my colleagues have been kind enough to include me on can be found on my Google Scholar profile
- The use of multimodal neuroimaging techniques to explore human brain function and connectivity. Acquisition techniques include:
- DTI (DWI)
- Areas of interest:
- Cortical inhibition: Negative BOLD
- Contrast gain mechanisms
- Cortical reorganisation (or lack of it)
- Face processing
- Frequency tagging / following
- Illusory stimuli
- Clinical interests
- Striate and extra-striate lesions and their functional outcomes.
- MD (macular degeneration) - ongoing project with Tony Morland and Gary Rubin (Moorfields Eye Hospital)
BPD (bipolar disorder) - ongoing project with Phil Simpson and Mark McFetridge (The Retreat, York)